STORM DAMAGE ROOF REPAIRS
Regardless of the Storm Damage on your roof, we are here locally to help!
Storms occur frequently here in Texas and can be especially devastating, so you’ll need the company that you can trust to rise to the occasion. Regardless of the type of storm and damage to your roof, Blue Ribbon Roofing can handle any size disaster. During catastrophic storms and major events, our team of local professional can handle your roof repair quickly and efficiently.
What storm damage might look like
Sometimes, the signs of a damaged roof are obvious, like water spots on a ceiling or curled, buckling or missing roof shingles. You may also see broken or damaged roof flashing, wet walls, water issues around your home’s exterior, or winter ice damming.
What to look for:
- Shingle condition. Missing shingles are one obvious sign but pay attention to the granule buildup on your shingles as well as early signs of damage.
- Hailstorms can cause dings and dents in asphalt shingles and should be noted as well.
- Missing flashing along the edges of the roof and along skylights, vents, and chimneys.
- Loose or pealing sealant along those same penetration points.
- Water damage in the attic or along the ceiling.
- Other time, the signs aren’t so obvious, which is when it might be time to call in a professional roofing expert. The North Texas Roofing Contractors Association recommends that homeowners get their roof inspected by a professional twice a year—once in the fall and once in the spring, especially here in Texas
Beware of storm chasers
Storms and natural disasters can be a magnet for dishonest contractors. Do your due diligence when choosing a roofing contractor. Check with local and state agencies to find out if your contractor is licensed and qualified to do the work.
A company that storms into town (no pun intended) after bad weather is looking for economic opportunity. After a storm has damaged your home there is always a sense of vulnerability and confusion. In order to afford their transportation and putting up their out-of-town crews, these storm chasers have to make a lot of money fast. That means completing projects as quickly as possible.
Guess what suffers? Quality and customer service.
What else happens? A months from now, when you notice water on the ceiling of your living room, you can’t get in touch with them because they’re not local…maybe even another state…turning those roofing projects as quickly as possible.
Blue-Ribbon Roofing! We’re based here in the Dallas Fort Worth Area and call McKinney and Collin County cities our home. Because we live here, our local reputation is important to us. Rest assured that when storms hit, that we have the staff, connections and experience to take care of your family home or business roofing needs.
Roof Insurance Claim Assistance
We will assist you with your claim from start to finish for free! Our insurance claim management program is a service that we extend to all of our customers.
Blue Ribbon Roofing will gladly provide a free inspection of your home or business. If we determine you need to file a claim with your insurance company for repairs or replacement because of roof hail damage or other issues, we will be with you every step of the way.
We work with all major insurance carriers in Texas and United States.
- To file a claim just call your insurance agent or provider and they will have an adjuster contact you.
- If you are filing a claim on your roof for hail damage or something else you do not need to get bids before your adjuster comes to evaluate it, as they have specific criteria, they use to complete your claim.
- If our opinion is that you have un-insurable damage or minimal damage (less than the normal deductible) we will let you know how much it will cost for our roof repair.
- The roof damage evaluation process for your home is extremely important. you do not want to file a claim unless it is necessary. Insurance companies look at how many claims filed that you do not get paid on. Be sure to talk with your agent if you have any questions.
- If you file a roof damage claim with your insurance in Dallas Fort Worth or surrounding counties, it is best to get an estimate from us after your adjuster has been out to inspect your roof.
- It is important to use a reputable, local roofing company in the Dallas Fort Worth area and surrounding cities Don't use an out-of-state company that won't be around if you may need them down the road. A warranty doesn't help you if they aren't around to be able to service you.
- Blue Ribbon Roofing is locally owned and operated by the same family since 1993. We take pride in building relationships within our communities.
Did a storm leave you with a damaged roof? Give us a call.
No strings attached - just a free consultation on the phone, followed by a site visit to access how we can help!